@ezrosent and I are happy to announce elfmalloc, a new allocator written in pure Rust!
This project actually involved a number of crates - 9 in total. They are all in this repository, and many are interesting on their own:
- bagpipe, a fast concurrent bag datastructure
- bsalloc, a simple “bootstrapping” allocator useful in implementing other allocators
- mmap-alloc, an allocator backed by direct mapping of memory pages
- malloc-bind, a utility to implement the C
mallocAPI in terms of a Rust allocator
- slab-alloc, an implementation of Jeff Bonwick’s slab allocator algorithm
- object-alloc, a trait for object allocators in Rust
- object-alloc-test, a test suite for object allocators including memory corruption detection
This project is still in its early phases, there is a lot of work to do, and we would love contributions! See CONTRIBUTING.md for details.